Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ya casi es la hora...

I only have 9 days left in Costa Rica. Of those days, I only have two days of class. The remaining classes should be pretty easy. In my composition class, we have the test on Monday. If we finish, we don't have to come on Tuesday :) The test is an essay. Based on the corrections of my first essay in that class, I am feeling a bit nervous about it. What I noticed, however, in the subsequent essays that I have written is that a lot of the corrections seem to be a style-based correction, not a grammar one (side note: on the second one I scored a 97).

In my culture class, Monday I give a presentation and turn in a paper on Costa Rica fashion. I know. Seems weird for me to choose that theme, but we had to pick something cultural and I thought that it would be easy. It wasn't. But, I think that my project is pretty good.

This weekend is a long one (one class tomorrow), so I am leaving at 6:30 a.m. for Monteverde. Hopefully, there won't be a disasterous wake-up like the last time I had to leave at 6..Mama Tica is going to be up at 530 and she told me that she'll make sure that I'm up :) Monteverde is a cloud forest. I can't wait. Wendy went there last weekend and said that it was beautiful.

We are looking into going to Arenal next week Wednesday-Thursday. It's a 5 hour ride, but it's the 3rd most perfect cone-shaped volcano and it erupts almost daily. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment