Friday, July 30, 2010

Cahuita

School ended on Tuesday, so on Wednesday my friends (Kelli and Emily) and I hopped on a 6:00 a.m. bus to Cahuita. The tiny town is on the Caribbean Coast and is a 3.5-4hour bus ride. We basically hung out at the beaches all day and eventually left as lobsters. Seriously. The town is in the province of Limon, which is where you will find a lot of Jamaican-blood ticos. The place is all about reggae and Rastafarian.

Main Street



The water was so nice and warm, and the waves were huge. The three of us just sat in the water and let the waves carry us away. One concerned surfer asked us (in English) , “Do you know how to swim?”

The food was ok, but I am not a huge fan of cooking with coconut. I did have some yummy food at the last restaurant that we ate at. It literally was right on the ocean. So beautiful!!!
View


On Thursday, we rented bikes and rode all over Cahuita. It was so much fun! I felt like the witch in the Wizard of Oz because the bikes had baskets. I seriously want a bike like that! The bad news is that I lost the key to the bike lock, so I had to pay to replace it. Boo.


Mamon Chino (delicious fruit)

No comments:

Post a Comment