Thursday, July 1, 2010

Las calles

The roads in San José are really bad for two reasons. First, people hear drive crazy. There isn’t a “pedestrians have the right away” idea here. Instead, you have to walk (better yet, run) as soon as there’s an opening in traffic. Second, because it rains here so much, it’s hard on the roads. There are tons of potholes that make it impossible to drive in a straight line. When I arrived and was being driven to my casa tica, the driver was driving on both sides of the road, depending on where the potholes were. Needless to say, it was scary. Below are some photos of the road a block from my house. You can see the potholes, as well as the futile attempts to fill them in. It looks like whoever filled them used broken roof tiles or something. Not an effective solution if you ask me!




Yesterday, I got lost because I was on my own and had no idea where my bus stop was. I thought that I missed my stop, so I got off. Good thing I did because I was already like a mile passed my stop. I walked (endangering my life!) and bumped into someone from my program that I knew lived near me. She got me pointed in the right direction and I eventually found my house. Let me tell you, I was so nervous that I was sweating like a maniac!

1 comment:

  1. Hola! Soy Amy Josea Guillermo Jimenez.. I mean Amy Marczewski.

    ¡Es un mundo grande y quiero ver todo? Really? I wish I knew what that meant! Me encanta Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete