Monday, July 19, 2010

Vamos a la playa

This past weekend, my husband (Steve) flew into San Jose to spend a long weekend with me in celebration of our second anniversary. He flew in on Thursday and almost missed his connection flight because his plane in Chicago left really late. He ran through the Miami airport to make his connection...only to be delayed again. Gotta love those airports.

While I was waiting for him at the Santamaria Airport, I saw a bunch of reporters. I was hoping that they were waiting for Juanes or Daniel Radcliff, but instead it was a football team called La Liga(I verified this with one of my tico brothers). I took a picture just for giggles.


Steve and I spent the night in the Marriott near the hotel because we were flying to the beach. Yes, we flew instead of taking a bus. He was only here for a few days, so I didn't want to waste three hours on a bus. My taxista, Johnny, told me that Bill Clinton stayed at the Marriott. The next morning, we flew on a regional airline to Manuel Antonio. Seriously, the flight was 15 minutes of air. No joke. The ticos don't take the airline, it's basically all tourists. One of my tico brothers told me before I left, "It was nice knowing you."

View from plane. It seats about 12 people.


Plane at the Quepos "airport"


Our hotel van picked us up. We stayed at the Gaia Resort. Seriously. Was. Awesome. Our room wasn't ready yet, so the van took us down to the beach for lunch.


Calle with venders all selling the same stuff


More to come...it's late. I'm tired. And my internet is slow today.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a goodtime. Hopefully Steve enjoyed his time as well. Can't wait for you and Rosemary to share stories from when she was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing compares to Weber using Genesis sort of grills. That is certainly the type gas grills which have been that will always make sure that they deliver a high performance part of down interval Viajes a Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete