Thursday, July 15, 2010

I thought I was in the tropics...

Word to the wise. When going to Costa Rica in the summer (their winter), make sure to pack plenty of warm clothes. I made the mistake of thinking, "Oh, it will be hot there." It is hot...for about 2 hours then it rains and gets chilly. My iPhone's weather bug mislead me to pack the wrong things. You see, it said that I would be in a place of 80 every day. Liar. Currently, it's 70. At night, it gets colder. Since I'm used to the cold of Illinois, I am generally ok, except for my feet. I only brought one pair of non-sandals (my gym shoes), so my toes might soon fall off. I think that it's hilarious that I am in the tropics, but it's hotter in Illinois.

On a side note, Steve is coming today! He almost missed his connection in Miami, but he ran to the gate and made it on time (only to have to wait for a maintenance issue). We're spending the weekend in Manuel Antonio on the Pacific coast. Fingers crossed for warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment