Friday, June 18, 2010

Ya hay cambios?!?!?



I hope that this isn't a sign of things to come. I just received another email from the program, this one telling me that my host family has changed. Yikes! I hope that this family is as good (or better!) than the original. Wifi would be excellent :)
My new "madre" is named Antonieta.

I tried finding the house on google maps, but it wasn't that simple. Looking in my guidebook, I learned why. In San Jose, the streets don't really have names. Inside, they rely on landmarks and things like, "50 meters south of the school, 100 meters west." 100 meters = one city block. Confusing, no? Back to my casa...the address is close to a bank, so I googled that and picked the one in the Sabanilla neighborhood. If I picked the right one, it appears that my casa is super close to the school. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment